Wednesday 20 July 2011

A Sting in the Tale - Thank You Cards

The first few evenings after we finish doing a play always feel a bit strange to me - having spent 6 weeks with the same group of people for three evenings a week and then every evening with them for two weeks, I miss them when the show is over.

I thought today I would give you a chance to see what we created and I am going to share a few photos my lovely friend Ed took during one of our last rehearsals. Then when you have looked at those there is a card at the end of the post!

Here are some photos of the on stage action.




And one getting ready to go on stage

We had so much fun during this show and laughed so much during rehearsals so this picture, taken when I was giving the cast feedback kind of sums things up.

So to the card ... I had a long list of people without whom the show would not have been what it was and I wanted to make them a card that reflected the show to say thank you.

The plot of A Sting in the Tale by Brian Clemens and Dennis Spooner involves catching someone ‘green handed’ so there had to be some green in there somewhere. It also involves finding out who the murderer may have been due to a misaligned ‘h’ on their typewriter, so I stamped some 'h's on the paper. I also wanted to remember a funny incident during the set construction. I asked for the walls to be painted a sandy mustard colour and was greeted with something akin to burnt orange!

The card base is More Mustard, the papers are Pear Pizzaz and the contrast colour is Cajun Craze. The Stamp Set is Curly Cute.

I hope you enjoyed this quick look at my theatre exploits – next stop for those will be village panto! To find out more about this or any of the Stampin’ Up! Products used to make the card please email bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk

Happy Stampin’

Pin It

No comments: