Wednesday 23 February 2011

Distress Magic

As the Monty Python team would say ... and now for something completely different!

Today I am going to share with you the inspiration sheets I put together for the ladies who came to my Distress Magic Class last night. Now you will have noticed that my natural stamping style is very different from these pieces that I am about to show you and making them took me way out of my stamping comfort zone and I LOVED it!

We used the Distressing Essentials Kit and learnt lots of different things you can do with the amazingly versatile tools and inks inside it.

Stampin' Up! Distressing Kit
I made up a collection of masks for us to use by punching shapes out of the Medium Window Sheets. I really enjoyed using these.

Stampin' Up! Distressing Kit
I also made up some spray mist using my re-inkers and shimmer paints. This worked well just sprayed on, or with the masks I had made.

Stampin' Up! Distressing Kit
The techniques we learnt and the way we approached our projects was totally different for all the ladies who came and I was so inspired and impressed by the pieces that they created. I want to play some more!


Stampin' Up! Distressing Kit
If you want to try these techniques for your selves, the tools that we used were the Distressing Essentials Kit, the Spritzer tool, Sponge Daubers and the Cutter Kit. If you purchase all of these from me before the end of February you can also have the stamp set that we used for free. Email bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk to place your order – but do hurry, you only have until the 28th to get your free stamp set.

I had so much fun both at this class and getting ready for it. I can strongly recommend getting yourself the distressing kit and finding a couple of hours of play time – by the end you will have ink fingers, some beautiful and unique pieces and will be feeling totally de stressed!

Happy Stampin’

Bekka

Pin It

No comments: